Ranma Battle (for GBA):You can choose in the main menu between 4 points. You can go back to the start screen if you press start.
Following things you can make in the current version:
- Battle mode:
Fight with one of the two characters. The fight has no end at the moment, that means you can't beat your enemy.
In the middle of the 2 health displays is normally a timer. But I don't have an end at the moment in my game, so I changed it that it shows now the frames per second.
As I started to program this game I had some slowdowns, because I wanted 256 colours for the sprites of the 2 players and because of this I had to include this information. At the moment it's only there because I haven't included the timer yet.
- Ending mode:
Watch a short animation with music. The animation is compressed with the RLE-XOR-LZSS Compression of Goldmomo. The music was compressed with Tepples 8ad Audio Compression Codec. As you can see i've tried here to make a good compressed but also smooth running animation demo.
- Test mode:
I don't want to only copy the graphics from the original, but also to overwork them. That's the reaseon why I use sprites with 256 colours, because I wanted to make new grapics with 32 colours. So here you can see my first try to make this reality. I'm not a graphic artist but I've tried my best. You can't walk or do anything else, because I've only overworked the 3 stand animation frames.
- Options menu
(will be saved now):
- You can change the game level to choose between some simple AI commands for the computer player.
- You can change the colours of the players. There are 4 colour combinations (like in the original game).
- You can change the control of the 2 characters. "HUMAN vs. CPU" let you play with Ranma-Chan (girl) and "CPU vs. HUMAN" let you control Ranma-Kun (boy).
- Debug Mode let's you choose between some modes that show the collision rectangles in different situations.
- 0 : Here you see no rectangles
- 1 : Shows the rectangles for the walking collisions
- 2 : Shows the rectangles for the attacks of Ranma-Chan
- 3 : Shows the rectangles for the attacks of Ranma-Kun
- The other points you can see, have no function at the moment.